0

In Which I'm Back from Orlando

Posted by justme on 7:11 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I missed a post last week. I was enjoying my last days at home just a bit too much!

Anyways, the point of this post is actually to tell you about the Orlando trip. I don't want to bore you with an essay, so I'll just give you the highlights:

The Rooms - The hotel we stayed at had condo-style rooms, meaning that we had an actual kitchen, bedrooms, washing machine and a living room. Even better, each family got their own room, so we actually had plenty of space. It was really really nice - it felt like absolute luxury to someone who's been sharing an 8x11 box for the past 4 months.

Shopping - we blew an insane amount of time and money at Target. It's just so fun being able to look at all the American stuff that we Canadians can't get at home!
Other than that, we went to Downtown Disney a lot. It's a neat little touristy shopping area, with lots of cool souvenirs and displays and stuff. The two best stores (in my opinion) were the mismatched socks store (yes, it exists) and the Disney art gallery, which sold everything that my mom and sister could have ever wanted. Seriously, they were drooling all over the place!

Universal - We bought a week pass and went 3 or 4 times during the trip. Harry Potter World was REALLY cool, even if it was packed. And the rides in the park were amazing!

(We did go to Disney by the way, but the one day we went they closed most of the parks due to overcrowding. Serious bummer.)

Cirque du Soleil - This was our New Year's Eve event, despite the fact that we went at 6 in the evening. The show was INCREDIBLE - very trippy and surreal. And the way the artists used their bodies was mind-blowing!

Christmas - We did in fact do Christmas dinner and a gift exchange while we were away. It was kind of nice getting together the way we did :)

So yeah. That's my Disney trip in a nutshell. Not sure when I'll post next week, since I get my tattoos on Tuesday (!!!!!!!!!!!) and my wrists will probably hurt like hell for the next couple of days.

TTFN,
Me


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.