1

In Which a Lot Has Happened

Posted by justme on 7:55 PM
Hi peeps,

Sorry for the late post. It's been kind of a weird week - everything's seemed to come and go in waves this week. Let me explain:

So last Sunday was my birthday, which means I'm now legal to drink everywhere except in the US. You'd think it would be a huge event, but you'd be (mostly) wrong. While my awesome roommate did buy me a cake so that everyone could sing to me, that was about the extent of the festivities for the day. The rest of the partying happened on Thursday and yesterday, when I had 2 family parties - one at an Irish pub downtown and another at my aunt's house the following day. It was a lot of fun! Oh yeah, and my big birthday present was a Keurig coffee maker - one of those single-cup deals that takes "pods" instead of grounds. I think it's safe to say that I'm going to have a lot of fun with that...

Of course, nothing really happened on Monday or Tuesday. My big accomplishment was getting groceries for the week. W00t. It should be noted that I was supposed to get my tats on Tuesday, but the appointment's been bumped to Feb. 13th because the artist was afraid that the meds I'm on would thin too much and I'd bleed the ink out. I have to say, it was a major disappointment - not only was I getting myself all worked up, but I had chosen that particular Tuesday because it was right after my birthday and the tats are my birthday present to myself. So yeah, I was pretty bummed.

Wednesday was pretty uneventful as well, aside from the fact that my grandparents came to visit and I moved into their hotel for a few days. I know it seems kind of pointless, but I just couldn't pass up a clean, warm shower plus access to a TV and a comfy bed. Of course, getting the chance to be spoiled by my grandparents was pretty nice too :)

And that brings us to Thursday and Friday, when I had my parties. Like I said, they were a blast. I was so proud of myself for being able to order a beer at the pub - even better, I wasn't ID'ed.

So that's my week in a nutshell. Sorry once again for the erratic posts - I think I'm going to try switching to Thursdays, since I only have one class that day. Any objections?

TTFN,
Me

1 Comments


I look forward to your posts every week. I'll be watching from California next Thursday.

Love Grandma

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.