0

In Which I Come Crashing Back Into Reality

Posted by justme on 6:29 PM
Hey folks,

As you may have gathered, I'm back from Vancouver now. I had an amazing time: we got to go to Stanley Park, I stayed in a hotel room that was twice the size of my dorm room (in a hotel that had "canine ambassadors"!) and I was spoiled silly. It was absolutely the perfect getaway!

Unfortunately, I've been hit pretty hard by reality now that I'm back at school. Today was especially crappy: I ended up missing my bus and running almost 20 minutes late to my first chiropractor's appointment* (during which I discovered that I had managed to pop one of the joints in my hip - ow), then got serious writer's block on an essay-style philosophy exam. Which just so happens to be worth around 30% of my mark. I ended up writing out most of my points in a list at the back of the test booklet, then begging my prof for mercy. Luckily, he seems like a pretty lenient guy so I may be able to salvage or make up a few marks. Still, I am hugely unimpressed with myself...

But yeah. Time for a little dose of happy (for me, anyways), 'cause I GET MY TATS ON MONDAY! FOR REAL THIS TIME!!! I'm excited and nervous and scared and absolutely can't wait! These tats mean a lot to me, and I really want to be able to show them off :D

And yes, you'll hear more about them as soon as I can type without crying (which may be a while, since they're essentially open wounds filled with ink and will take a while to heal).

TTFN,
Moi

*please don't judge me, Dad! It actually helped...



0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.