0

In Which Things are Looking Up

Posted by justme on 4:51 PM
Hi guys,

As some of you who know me IRL (that's "in real life", Grandma) may have noticed, I've been kinda down lately. My body basically decided to rebel against me, making me deal with the flu, PMS and indomethacin withdrawal that amped up my citalopram side effects. As a result, I basically turned into a slug for a week and a half. Believe me, it wasn't pretty.

However, I'm happy to report that things are back on track now. Something that helped a LOT was the fact that I was invited to go to Vancouver with my grandparents for the weekend! So many things are perfect about this: getting to stay in a (clean! private!) hotel (with a TV! and a bathtub!), escaping the parties in res, getting to see my grandparents again, getting away from the snow... I can't wait! This is exactly what I needed to get myself out of the rut I've been in.

Another thing that helps is that I'm finally starting to sort out my housing situation for next year. Long story short, there's been a lot of confusion and stress about that lately since my Plan A (moving in with my current roommate) hinges entirely on said roommate's parents' choice of apartment. Unfortunately, they won't make a choice until March at the earliest, which is leaving things pretty late if I have to try and find somewhere else to live or notify my "backup plan" roommates that I won't be living with them after all. It's left me in a really awkward position, but luckily I've been able to find someone who understands my situation and is open to being my backup. Bonus: I actually like this person and we actually have a lot in common, which would make moving in with her a heck of a lot easier.

Oh, and a third bonus? My Italian prof made an announcement yesterday that made me very happy. I can't say much until I know more, but basically it involves an amazing opportunity for the month of June. Suffice it to say that I'll be incredibly happy if it works out!

So, yeah. That's my news for this week. I'm so glad that I have things to look forward to now - it makes it that much easier to keep going.

TTFN,
Me

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.