1

In Which I Admit I Might Have Overreacted

Posted by justme on 7:33 PM
Hi all,

So I'm mostly moved in to my dorm now. I say "mostly" because I'm not really unpacked, and because I'm staying in the hotel until my mom and sister leave on Monday. But I have my student card and room keys and stuff, so I'm not entirely disorganized :)

Now that I'm here, though, I'm starting to get used to the idea that this will be my home base for the next year or so. Yes, I'm still freaked out about having to be a Big Girl, but I'm starting to realize that it's not going to be as hard as I thought it would. There are LOTS of upperclassmen who are willing to help, and most of the first-years are in the same boat. It makes it easier and less embarrassing to adopt the "Hi, I'm new and I'm lost" approach!

It also helps that there is SO MUCH going on. Aside from the whole signing-your-life-away-a-million-times thing, there are people everywhere. The upperclassmen are actually more intense than all the first-years - most of them are in massive groups, (loudly) chanting and singing for their different causes. The most memorable? My very own faculty group, who were singing a war song about "shitting on the assholes below". This was for the benefit of the exactly zero students from our rival university milling around. Maybe they were just trying to foster competition right from the start?

Argh, I wanted to include something about how I'm sorry for freaking out in my last post, but my computer has decided to rebel. I guess it's not sorry for my freak-out.

Signing off now,
Me



1 Comments


Why apologize? My high school experience more than sucked, and I refused to attend my high school reunion, because, really, why would I want to relive any of that?

This IS your time to spread your wings. I did it and lived to tell the tale :) You can, too. It will be fabulous and awesome, and it will be scary and weird. This is your time to MAKE it be what you've dreamed it can be. I love you!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.