0

In Which I Talk About Classes

Posted by justme on 12:27 PM
So I'm done my first week of classes. Weird...

For those of you playing along at home, I'm taking 3 languages (German, Italian and Gaelic) this semester, along with Philosophy and Occult History courses. It's an interesting course load* - not particularly heavy, but it really messes with your mind. My weekends look something like this: Resolve philosophical argument, study religious myths, give up on philosophy, type notes in 3 different unrelated languages, confuse definitions and/or translations. Repeat until Microsoft Word implodes.

Just in case this wasn't complicated enough, it was discovered that I'm way too advanced for my Italian class. So thanks to the course I took in Italy, I get to take a placement test and be bumped up to a 2nd- or 3rd-year class. My brain is crying already.

More later.
K


*The official Translation Program doesn't start til next year, meaning that I was able to take whatever electives I wanted to this year. While I do have an Intro to Translation course next semester, it's not required. Just wanted to clarify because I've had people ask me about this so many times!


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.