1

In Which I Tell You How Much it Sucks to be Sick

Posted by justme on 5:18 AM
Hi people,

The reason I've been offline for so long is, as you might have gathered, because I'm sick. As in ear-infection-and-the-flu sick. It's what comes from living with 3000 other people in a place with questionable sanitation.

The one thing that this has taught me (aside from the fact that yes, YOU have to take care of yourself) is that nobody at university much cares how sick you are. You're still expected to drag yourself to classes with a fever. You're still expected to participate when you've lost your voice. And coughing only earns you glares.

Learning this has toughened me up, though - I was even able to attend a fundraising dinner/concert on Saturday, despite the fact that I was dizzy and had to wear heels. The experience was pretty cool. I just hope I didn't infect Loreen Harper or Sarah McLachlan when I talked to them!

TTYL. I'm going back to bed.
K

1 Comments


I'd be ok with you infecting Stephen Harper. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Dad

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The View From Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.